Mr. Ticklers Base Oils | Part III | Grape Seed Oil
History behind Grape seed oil
For many years grape seeds were discarded as they were thought to be a useless by-product from making wine. But now as technology has advanced we are able to harvest the tiny amounts of oil that are in each tiny little seed and reap the benefits they hold.
So why do we use Grape seed oil
Grape seed oil is high in Linoleic acid, and a deficiency of Linoleic Acid will lead to dry hair and hair loss. A lack of Linoleic Acid may also be responsible for dry dandruff and weak hair. Linoleic Acid plays a role in hair moisture because it helps prevent your hair from losing moisture and improves its elasticity. Linoleic Acid also penetrates the hair follicle to provide nourishment for hair growth. Research has also shown that Linoleic Acid may reduce acne and has anti-inflammatory properties.
Other reasons we use it:
- Grape seed oil is also rich in vitamins, minerals and causes no skin irritation.
- Grape seed is mildly astringent in nature and helps to tighten and tone skin
- Grape seed promotes hair growth
- Grape seed oil is easily absorbed by the body, and it can be used for reducing age spots, sun burn, wrinkles and stretch marks as well.
As well as all of this Grape seed also contains
- Vitamin A
- Vitamin B
- Vitamin C
- Vitamin E
Few facts about Grape seed
- Smell: Very, very light nutty smell, barely noticeable
- Colour: Very light green
- Where is it from? Our grape seed oil is from Parma Italy and is cold pressed from vitis vinifera grapes
- Has a natural SPF of 4 to protect you from UV rays
Next time we will be talking about Jojoba oil and why this amazing oil is in our product. But for now have a great day and tickle on!